Final disposition of personal and business assets is handled with care and thought as liquidation and estate sales often occur during unsettling times.
Christys gallery offers complete auction services, from pre-sale planning through financial settlement of estate sales (including real estate) for individuals, legal representatives and commercial clients.
Appraisals are provided for our clients utilizing a comprehensive and current reference library. Three (3) certified appraisers determine current market values, as well as, utilization of price making mechanisms for items of variable value.
Christy’s of Indiana conducts weekly auctions, referred to as market day. Each Wednesday beginning at 9 a.m. at their gallery, four auction rings sell various items such as antiques, glassware, art, new and used furniture, farm and fleet, household goods, electronics and commercial liquidation. Auctions are open to the public.
On-site auctions are posted on the upcoming auction link and advertised in the newspaper. These auctions are typically held during the week and sold at the home.
Speciality sales are held on specific Saturdays. Items sold at the speciality sales would be large collections of Longaberger, firearms, coins, etc. Another auction service that Christy’s offer is selling on the internet. Speciality items may be sold to a live and internet audience at the same time. This method of marketing works well with unusual and high end items and typically realizes a higher price.
APPRAISALS: Certified personal property appraisers are available to conduct written appraisals for personal or commercial use. Appraisals for divorce, bankruptcy, insurance and estate purposes are completed in a timely fashion.
Contact: Jack Christy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christy’s of Indiana, Realty division is a full service Real Estate Company.
- Real estate is marketed to obtain the highest value.
- An individual analysis is conducted to determine if a private listing or a real estate auction will be the most beneficial for the seller.
- A comparative market analysis is conducted to establish value in a targeted area.
- A seller may also want to provide a home owner’s warranty to better market their home.
Christy’s Realty employs real estate brokers who will obtain all state-required disclosures, placement of signage and advertising, order preliminary title search to assure clean transfer of title, conduct showings and open houses, execute purchase agreement and other required documents, coordinate and assist with closing procedures.
Contact: Phil Christy at email@example.com
A real estate auction is an open forum, which allows for oral bidding. After the bidding is exhausted, the property may be declared sold. The buyer and seller will complete a purchase agreement and follow the necessary steps to closing. The property is sold as-is and buyers to pay closing costs.
Reserve Auction: Property sells with the owner’s confirmation. The minimum or reserve amount is not disclosed to the public. When the bidding is exhausted, the auctioneer will take a short recess to discuss confirmation with the seller.
Absolute Auction: Property is sold to the highest bidder, regardless of price. This is an excellent marketing tool in selling property.
There are many advantages to selling your home by auction:
- Eliminates long term expenses, such as taxes, maintenance and insurance.
- The competition of live bidding will realize the property’s true market value.
- Asking price is eliminated to avoid overpricing property. Overpricing may create little or no interest in the property and will eventually sell for less than the property is worth.
- Fast sale of property versus months or years of waiting to sell through traditional listing.
- Auction forum creates motivated buyers to act quickly, creating a sense of urgency.
- Cash transactions may close within one week after auction.
- Marketing is targeted to seller’s property, not multiple listings.
- Property sells AS-IS, therefore, no negotiations on repairs or inspections.
- Conditions of sale are given prior to the auction allowing no negotiation on terms or no contingencies from potential buyers during auction.
- Buyer’s Premium helps offset seller’s cost of selling home.
Broker Participation: Christy’s Realty encourage all real estate agents to participate in the auction process. We offer compensation to agents whom represent a buyer in the transaction. Christy’s Realty also co-ops with other agents from different offices to assist with their real estate auction needs.
Contact: Phil Christy or Melissa Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christy’s of Indiana understands that settling an estate can be a very emotional and stressful time in a family member’s life. This is the reason that Christy’s makes every attempt to assist executors with their estate needs. We have a network of companies whose services make the process simple.
From moving the items to other family members homes, storage and locksmiths to liquidation of the home and personal effects, Christy’s can help.
Contact: Jack Christy at email@example.com